Wednesday 21 March 2012

Cauldron: Aduki Bean Kievs










I decided to try this product because it was half price at Tesco's (£1.14).  This is not the first time I have heard of Cauldron though.  I have previously bought their sausages from Waitrose's chiller cabinet at full whack!  I think introductory prices are good for encouraging the consumer to try a new product.  If a person really likes something, they would be willing to pay more for it.

Oven baked according to instructions
A closer inspection (left kiev)

Review:

Pros:
It smelt lovely while it was cooking.  A really appetising curry aroma.
It is vegan with no eggs or dairy products.
It had a delicious and crispy breadcrumb coating.
The chutney is a good idea for making what's essentially a curry bean burger less dry.

Cons:
Not for you if you are gluten intolerant.
Tasted a bit salty.
Was a bit dry, could do with more mango chutney.

Minor musing
I took a picture of the left kiev because there wasn't any chutney leakage so I assumed it would have more sauce intact.  Funnily enough, that was the drier one!  I had to eat the other purely for research ^_~
I wouldn't pay full price for this product, I'd rather have some falafels.

Cauldron: Aduki Bean Kievs

No comments:

Post a Comment