Thursday 22 March 2012

Jammie Dodgers: Lively Lemon

 








Tesco used to do their own brand of really cheap jam biscuits.  These have crept up in price so I thought I might as well try the branded one at half price (57p) at Tesco's.  A lot of supermarkets are doing this offer.  I've tried the jam flavoured dodgers but thought the lemon would be interesting.

<3
 Review:

Pros:
"No added nasties"
No milk, butter, margarine ingredients used.
It's got a heart in the middle!
Lemon flavour apple jam (so it's a jam not some lemon marmalade)
Tastes like lemon tart in biscuit form.

Cons:
May contain milk.  (I think they're more worried about contamination than ingredients purposely containing milk derivatives)
Slightly bitter aftertaste.
Edible but not moreish (maybe that should be a pro?)

Minor Musing
If you are eagle-eyed, you will notice that when I took the photo of the packet of biscuits, I miss off the left bit of the packet.  This was intentional as my brother had already opened them!  I asked him his opinion of them and he said that "biscuits are biscuits."  I guess he liked them enough. 
A good dairy-free lemony sweet treat but it doesn't make me give up the search!

Their website is under development so have a Wikipedia link instead! Jammie Dodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment