Saturday 31 March 2012

Alpro: Almond Milk


I was pleased when I heard Alpro had a new product and it was almond milk.  I've heard good news about the health benefits but it's really hard to find a shop that sells it in Reading.  The only place I did see it was in a Holland and Barrett in London; I didn't fancy lugging it home and it was around the £3 bracket.  Refrigerated Alpro products are 2 for £2 at the moment, I got this in Tesco.

Cool and refreshing

Okay in tea
Review:
AlPros:
Plant based products, obviously it's vegan
Milk-like appearance and consistency
Good if you don't eat soya.

AlCons:
The flavour too subtle, barely there almond flavour.

Minor Musing
I stopped drinking cow's milk more than a year ago.  It was a mixture of reasons, one being milk past its best making me ill.  I make coffee for my colleagues at work but I always smell the milk first despite not drinking it myself.  I like Alpro, I usually get their soy milk (fresh or UHT, whichever is cheaper).

If you want something with a more pronounced flavour, I would suggest Alpro Hazelnut Milk (I should review it some time)

Alpro: Almond Milk
Try my Cherry and Almond Muffins recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment